How to give us your Compliments, Comments, Concerns & Complaints.

We try hard to make sure that the service you receive from us is as good as possible.

However some times we just don’t get things right. There can be mix-ups, misunderstandings or mistakes. Whenever you’re not satisfied – we want to know. We promise to respond positively to your views and do everything possible to resolve the matter. Whatever the problem we will try to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

First of all speak to a member of the practice team.

It’s usually best to start with the person concerned. Things can often be sorted out there and then. If you’re not happy to do this have a word with the receptionist or ask to see the Practice Manager Marion McGuinness.

We will acknowledge your complaint in 3 working days

We operate a Practice complaints procedure as part of a NHS system for dealing with complaints.  Our complaints procedure meets national criteria.

How to complain

If your problem hasn’t been resolved easily and quickly with the person concerned at the time it has arisen then you may wish to make a complaint.  You will need to give details of the complaint  up 12 months after the incident gave rise to the complaint or from when the complainant became aware of it. After this time it is at the discretion of the practice as to whether to investigate the matter.  

Who should I complain to?
Under the NHS Complaints Regulations 2009 you can either choose the service provider, in this case Dr Ramamoorthy’s Practice, as experience tells us that by dealing with them directly, concerns can often be sorted out quickly and to your satisfaction.  However you may want NHS England to deal with your complaint as commissioners of the service that has caused you to complain.  The choice about who you want to deal with your complaint remains you decision. 

To complain to NHS England: telephone 0300 311 2233, email or write to NHS England, PO Box 16738, Reddich, B97 9PT.
To complain to the practice: address your concerns to the Practice Manager.  Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment to see her in order to discuss your concerns.  She will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly.

The practice will:

What if I am not satisfied with the  practice’s response?

The practice is committed to working with you at this, the local resolution stage of the NHS complaints procedure, to address and resolve your concerns. If you remain dissatisfied you have a right to ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to review your case.  This must be requested within twelve months of the date of the practice response. You can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman on 0345 015 4033 or write to him at Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP or visit the website at   

Alternatively you can seek assistance from Healthwatch on 0300 777 7007,  Healthwatch Information, Ist Floor, 151 Dale Street, Liverpool, L2 2AH.